Combine a flightseeing tour and dog sledding in one day! This is the ultimate Alaska bucket-list adventure!
Tour Availability: May 15 - August 31
Duration: 3+ Hours
Activity Level: Easy
- Experience two tours back-to-back (flightseeing and dog sledding) for 10% off the total package price.
- This is the best of our tours – dog sledding on a glacier, plus any flightseeing tour of your choice.
- Applies to consecutive tour times only.
10% off both tours when booked directly.
The beauty of your tour begins as you ascend from Girdwood Airport. First you’ll glide over the mountains into glacier country to experience giant glaciers, crystal blue pools, and spot wildlife. Depending on the flightseeing tour you select, it may also include a 15-20 minute glacier landing, and the duration of the flight will vary.
Next, it’s a short flight to Punchbowl Glacier for your dog sledding tour on a giant snowfield. You’ll meet the friendly Alaskan Huskies and learn interesting facts about the dogs and the mushing lifestyle. Then you’re on the sled for an exhilarating 2K-to-3K loop on the snow, surrounded by a gorgeous backdrop of glaciers and mountains. Afterward, hold some of the adorable sled dog puppies!
What To Expect:
Enjoy a complimentary shuttle from one of our pickup locations in Girdwood. If you’re driving, park your vehicle at our hangar at the Girdwood Airport. We ask all Dog Sledding guests to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled tour time. Before taking flight, you’ll be outfitted for mushing with waterproof layers and over-boots, and take part in a short safety briefing. Then, you’ll be ready for a scenic flight of your choice and a dog sledding tour for one unforgettable adventure.
You’ll have a great view from every seat, so sit back and relax as you enjoy the incredible scenery. Your professional pilot will provide knowledgeable commentary during your journey. After the completion of your flight, our courtesy van will be waiting for a complimentary transfer to your destination in Girdwood.
Other Important Information:
- Free shuttle service available from Girdwood hotels and B&Bs.
- Cancel up to 7 days before your tour for a full refund. Cancellations within 7 days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations within 24 hours are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- If our staff cancels due to weather, no charges will apply and you will be refunded or rescheduled.
- Max. 6 passengers. We can accommodate larger groups with advance notice (please call).
- All tours require a 2 passenger minimum. Call us if you are traveling solo, we’ll add you to an existing reservation.
Please use this request form to book this adventure. A reservations agent will contact you to schedule your Ultimate Summer Tour.