Imagine everything the Glacier Landing Tour offers, with the added next-level scenery and tide-water glaciers of the Prince William Sound!
Tour Availability: Year-Round
Duration: 90 Minutes
Activity Level: Easy
- Spectacular 400-foot tidewater glacier.
- Look for otters and seals in the sparkling water of the Sound.
- Step out onto a giant glacier and explore.
- See crystal-blue glacial pools.
- Unbelievable views – bring your camera and sunglasses!
- Breathtaking alpine glaciers, mountains, and a chance to see wildlife.
- Helicopters offer the best views from the air
$499 to 529Per Seat
What To Expect:
This is a 90-minute scenic flight with an unforgettable glacier landing and return over Prince William Sound. The majestic beauty of the Sound makes this is our most special tour.
As you ascend above beautiful Girdwood Valley, the scenery begins. Crest over mountain peaks into the Chugach backcountry where you will explore the most spectacular glaciers of the region. Your pilot will land on Colony Glacier where you’ll step out of the helicopter and venture onto the ice for 15-20 minutes. On your extended return flight, you’ll behold the Prince William Sound, one of the most breathtakingly beautiful and pristine areas in Alaska. Your pilot will take you near the face of a giant tide-water glacier, something only a helicopter can do, for a once-in-a-lifetime view. You may even catch sight of it calving.
You’ll have a great view from every seat, so sit back and relax as you enjoy the incredible scenery. Your professional pilot will provide knowledgeable commentary during your journey. We offer a complimentary shuttle from several pickup locations in Girdwood. If you’re driving, park your vehicle at our hangar at the Girdwood Airport. We ask all guests to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled flight time for a short safety briefing. After the completion of your flight, our courtesy van will be waiting for a complimentary transfer to your destination in Girdwood.
Other Important Information:
- 290 lb weight limit per seat (132 kg)
- Free shuttle service available from Girdwood hotels and B&Bs.
- Flexible cancellation policy: We offer a full refund up to 7 days before your flight. Cancellations within 7 days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee, and within 24 hours are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. If you or a close contact tests positive for the Coronavirus you can cancel anytime for a full refund up to the day-of your flight, likewise if your travel plans are compromised by any COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- If our staff cancels due to weather, no charges will apply and you will be fully refunded or rescheduled.
- Max. 6 passengers. We can accommodate larger groups with advance notice (please call).
- Per FAA guidelines, infants younger than 24 months old can fly on a parent’s lap; children aged 2 years and older must have their own seat purchased for them.
- We operate a fleet of Robinson R44 helicopters for our tours. Each helicopter seats three passengers, so larger parties will be traveling in groups of three, using multiple aircraft. For proper weight and balance of the helicopter we may occasionally require groups traveling together to be seated with other guests so we do not exceed the maximum weight limit for the aircraft.
- All tours require a 2 passenger minimum. Call us if you are traveling solo, we’ll add you to an existing reservation.
- Remember to dress in layers for Alaska weather and wear flat, closed-toe footwear (no sandals or heels, please).