Imagine everything the Glacier Landing Tour offers, with the added next-level scenery and tide-water glaciers of the Prince William Sound!
Tour Availability: Year-Round
Duration: 90 Minutes
Activity Level: Easy
- Spectacular 400-foot-tall tide-water glacier.
- Views of otters and seals in the sparkling fjord below.
- Step out onto a giant glacier and explore!
- See crystal-blue glacial pools.
- Unbelievable views – bring your camera and sunglasses!
- Breathtaking alpine glaciers, mountains, and even look for wildlife.
- Helicopters offer the best aerial views of any aircraft.
What To Expect:
Enjoy a complimentary shuttle from one of our pickup locations in Girdwood. If you’re driving, park your vehicle at our hangar at the Girdwood Airport. We ask all guests to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled flight time for a short safety briefing. Then, you’ll be ready for your 90-minute scenic flight with an unforgettable glacier landing and return over Prince William Sound. The majestic beauty of the Sound makes this is our most special tour.
As you ascend above beautiful Girdwood Valley, the scenery begins. Crest over mountain peaks into the Chugach backcountry where you will explore the most spectacular glaciers of the region. We land on Colony or Surpise Glacier for a chance to exit the helicopter and venture onto the ice for 15-20 minutes. On your extended return flight, you’ll behold the Prince William Sound, one of the most breathtakingly beautiful and pristine areas in Alaska. Your pilot will take you near the face of a giant tide-water glacier, something only a helicopter can do, for a once-in-a-lifetime view. You may even catch sight of it calving.
You’ll have a great view from every seat, so sit back and relax as you enjoy the incredible scenery. Your professional pilot will provide knowledgeable commentary during your journey. After the completion of your flight, our courtesy van will be waiting for a complimentary transfer to your destination in Girdwood.
Other Important Information:
- 290 lb weight limit per seat (132 kg)
- Free shuttle service available from Girdwood hotels and B&Bs.
- Cancel up to 7 days before your tour for a full refund. Cancellations within 7 days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations within 24 hours are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- If our staff cancels due to weather, no charges will apply and you will be refunded or rescheduled.
- Max. 6 passengers. We can accommodate larger groups with advance notice (please call).
- All tours require a 2 passenger minimum. Call us if you are traveling solo, we’ll add you to an existing reservation.
- Remember to dress in layers for Alaska weather and wear flat, closed-toe footwear (no sandals or heels, please).