A once-in-a-lifetime experience: step out of the helicopter and walk on the ancient glacial ice.
Tour Availability: Year-Round
Duration: 60 Minutes
Activity Level: Easy
- Step out onto a giant glacier and explore!
- See crystal-blue glacial pools in spring and summer.
- Unbelievable views – bring your camera and sunglasses!
- Breathtaking alpine glaciers, mountains, and even look for wildlife.
- Helicopters offer the best aerial views of any aircraft.
The view is instantly beautiful as you ascend from Girdwood Airport. Entering the Chugach backcountry, you’ll witness the iconic Lake George Glacier, Whiteout Glacier and Colony Glacier. View blue melt-water pools in spring and summer. You’ll land on a glacier and step out onto the ice to spend 15-20 minutes exploring. On the flight, look for moose, bear and sheep traversing 20-Mile River Valley.
What To Expect:
Enjoy a complimentary shuttle from one of our pickup locations in Girdwood. If you’re driving, park your vehicle at our hangar at the Girdwood Airport. We ask all guests to arrive 15-minutes before your scheduled flight time for a short safety briefing. Then, you’ll be ready for your 60-minute scenic flight culminating in a spectacular glacier landing. You’ll spend 15-20 minutes out of the helicopter exploring the glacier.
You’ll have a great view from every seat, so sit back and relax as you enjoy the incredible scenery. Your professional pilot will provide knowledgeable commentary during your journey. After the completion of your flight, our courtesy van will be waiting for a complimentary transfer to your destination in Girdwood.
Other Important Information:
- Free shuttle service available from Girdwood hotels and B&Bs.
- Cancel up to 7 days before your tour for a full refund. Cancellations within 7 days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations within 24 hours are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- If our staff cancels due to weather, no charges will apply and you will be refunded or rescheduled.
- Max. 6 passengers. We can accommodate larger groups with advance notice (please call).
- All tours require a 2 passenger minimum. Call us if you are traveling solo, we’ll add you to an existing reservation.
- Remember to dress in layers for Alaska weather and wear flat, closed-toe footwear (no sandals or heels, please).