Leave civilization behind and get a taste of Alaska’s glaciers and rugged peaks. Look for wildlife along the steep mountainsides.
Tour Availability: Year-Round
Duration: 30 Minutes
Activity Level: Easy
- Majestic views of glaciers and mountain peaks.
- Photo opportunities – bring your camera and sunglasses!
- Look for wildlife along the steep cliffs and valleys.
- A backcountry experience for all ages and abilities.
Lifting off above Girdwood Airport, you’ll rise above beautiful mountain peaks and enter the 20-Mile river valley. Views of one of North America’s most glacier-filled regions present great photo opportunities from the comfort of the helicopter. Look for wildlife along the steep cliffs as we make our return. Other sights during the flight include views of the Girdwood Valley and Glacier Creek that can only be seen from the air.
What To Expect:
Enjoy a complimentary shuttle from one of our pickup locations in Girdwood. If you’re driving, park your vehicle at our hangar at the Girdwood Airport. We ask all guests to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled flight time for a short safety briefing. Then, you’ll be ready for your 30-minute scenic flight over the glaciers and peaks of Alaska’s Chugach Mountains.
You’ll have a great view from every seat, so sit back and relax as you enjoy the incredible scenery. Your professional pilot will provide knowledgeable commentary during your journey. After the completion of your flight, our courtesy van will be waiting for a complimentary transfer to your destination in Girdwood.
Other Important Information:
- 290 lb weight limit per seat (132 kg)
- Free shuttle service available from Girdwood hotels and B&Bs.
- Flexible cancellation policy: We offer a full refund up to 7 days before your flight. Cancellations within 7 days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee, and within 24 hours are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. If you or a close contact tests positive for the Coronavirus you can cancel anytime for a full refund up to the day-of your flight, likewise if your travel plans are compromised by any COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- If our staff cancels due to weather, no charges will apply and you will be fully refunded or rescheduled.
- Max. 6 passengers. We can accommodate larger groups with advance notice (please call).
- Per FAA guidelines, infants younger than 24 months old can fly on a parent’s lap; children aged 2 years and older must have their own seat purchased for them.
- We operate a fleet of Robinson R44 helicopters for our tours. Each helicopter seats three passengers, so larger parties will be traveling in groups of three, using multiple aircraft. For proper weight and balance of the helicopter we may occasionally require groups traveling together to be seated with other guests so we do not exceed the maximum weight limit for the aircraft.
- All tours require a 2 passenger minimum. Call us if you are traveling solo, we’ll add you to an existing reservation.
- Remember to dress in layers for Alaska weather and wear flat, closed-toe footwear (no sandals or heels, please).